Make a difference and impact human lives!
At STACS DNA we offer a unique opportunity to work at the leading edge of DNA automation technology, in an inclusive organization. We are a small team but make a big impact by providing critical sample tracking solutions to DNA laboratories, medical facilities, law enforcement agencies and prosecutor offices. You will be challenged, energized, and motivated to excel in an environment where we are transforming organizations’ productivity and effectiveness related to DNA sample processing, lab management and sample delivery to improve community safety and patient outcomes.
What you will do
The Software Developer is involved in all areas of development from design to development to testing. More specifically, the Software Developer is responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining STACS DNA software including adapting it to new hardware, improving its performance, and upgrading its interfaces. The Software Developer will also be involved in validation procedures, troubleshooting and working with customers and internal teams on technical issues including software system design and maintenance. The work includes:
- Collaborating with other software developers and other teams to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain STACS DNA software following established standards
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on time and budget
- Full-stack application development
- Performing software maintenance, modifications, and enhancements to new and existing products through programming, testing, and documenting
- Modifying software to adapt it to hardware requirements, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces
- Packaging and supporting the deployment of releases and make recommendations on the installation of software with clients including software-hardware interfaces
- Working with customers and internal teams on technical issues including software system design and maintenance
- Providing advice on and develop specifications and performance requirements
- Providing third-level support to business users
What you need to succeed
The ideal candidate is a qualified professional interested in pursuing a development role with end-users working in a client-focused organization. Demonstrating teamwork, being results-oriented and using critical thinking will be key to your success in this role.
As the ideal candidate you should have the following knowledge and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software development and quality assurance or a related role with these skills:
- Proficient with Microsoft programming languages in a Windows Environment (VB.Net, C#), software development life cycle and network technologies
- Experience developing responsive web applications using ASP.NET MVC and potentially other tools such as DevExpress, bootstrap, .NET Core, DevExtreme, Infragistics, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server Transact SQL
- Proficient using version control systems (Git)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Technology Assets – Experience with:
- REST/SOAP web services and WCF
- Cloud computing platforms (e.g. MS Azure, AWS)
- Security best practices in the context of web applications
- Agile/Scrum development process
- Relevant Professional Microsoft Developer certification(s)
- Business Perspective: Demonstrates a basic understanding of business issues, processes, and outcomes
- Client Focus: Maintains client contact in order to prompt client support and responsiveness
- Teamwork: Proactively assists and involves others. Effectively participate in discussions with peers on the design and development of STACS software
- Decision Making: Uses critical thinking, good business sense and organizational values to make decisions involving varying levels of risk and ambiguity
- Adaptability: Adapts to work effectively in ambiguous or changing situations, handles multiple concurrent projects, and with diverse individuals, clients, and groups
- Attention to Detail: Demonstrates concern for thoroughness, accuracy and is detail-oriented
- Analytical Thinking: Identifies critical relationships in information.
Your education and experience
A minimum of a college diploma, preferably in Computer Science, Software Development or Business in Information Technology or other related disciplines, or an acceptable combination of education, training, and/or relevant work experience.
What you can expect from us
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet your needs at every stage of your life and career.
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible working schedules including the option to work from home
- Comprehensive benefits that meet your needs and those of your dependants
- Great vacation and personal leave allowance
- A fun and collegial environment where we will make you feel part of our working family
- Free coffee/tea/soft drinks and snacks in the Ottawa office
We strive to make our workplace inclusive, respectful and barrier-free. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples, veterans, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
How to apply
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.