Make a difference and impact human lives!
STACS DNA’s vision is to impact human lives through DNA testing.
At STACS DNA we offer the unique opportunity to work at the leading edge of DNA automation technology, in an inclusive organization. We are a small team, but make a big impact by providing critical sample tracking solutions to laboratories, hospitals and law enforcement agencies. You will be challenged, energized, and motivated to excel in an environment where we are transforming organizations’ productivity and effectiveness related to DNA sample processing, lab management and sample delivery to improve community safety and patient outcomes.
What you will do
As the Project Manager, you will contribute to the management of multiple software development projects while providing assistance to the Senior Project Manager. You will also be responsible for managing smaller scope software development projects as well as tracking and reporting on project schedules and progress. The work includes:
- Assisting the Senior Project Manager by performing project administrative duties, opening and closing projects, liaising with clients and internal staff, as well as preparing reports and presentations
- Creating project plans with the assistance of the Senior Project Manager, which includes:
- Developing detailed plans for a project, including the schedule, risk management plan and other elements as required
- Collaborating with various teams, holding meetings to develop project plans and presenting them to the Senior Project Manager
- Monitoring project progress to ensure that projects remain within scope, on schedule, stay on budget and proposing plans to correct deficiencies when not meeting defined project objectives
- Documenting all project results and presenting them to the appropriate parties in collaboration with the Senior Project Manager
- Monitoring and participating in RFP responses and project budget estimates
- Chairing or participating in project kick-off and review meetings, taking note of issues, decisions, assigned actions and preparing meeting notes
- Creating and monitoring project releases and sprints
- Gathering the required data to prepare weekly and monthly project status reports
- Conducting post-mortem meetings with project teams
What you need to succeed
The ideal candidate is a qualified professional interested in pursuing a project management career and comfortable working in a client-focused organization. Demonstrating teamwork, being results-oriented and using critical thinking will be key to your success in this role.
As the ideal candidate you should have the following knowledge and experience:
- 1 to 3 years experience in a Project Coordinator, Project Manager or related role, ideally in a software development environment
- Knowledge of contract/project management methodology and best practices to be able to plan, implement, monitor and complete projects
- Demonstrated experience ensuring effective management of project scope, resources, time, cost, quality, risk and communications
- Ability to adapt to work effectively in changing situations, handle multiple concurrent projects and with diverse individuals, clients and partners
- Affinity for attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical thinking skills to identify critical relationships in information
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Project)
- Experience with Axosoft, OnTime, JIRA
- Background in the software development lifecycle and network technology
- Project Management Professional certification
Your education and experience
- A minimum of a college diploma, preferably with a focus on subjects such as: Project Management, Computer Science, Software Development, Business in Information Technology or other related disciplines
- We will also review candidates or an acceptable combination of education, training, and/or relevant work experience
What you can expect from us
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet your needs at every stage of your life and career.
- Salaries are based on qualifications and experience and typically range from $50,000 to $70,000
- Flexible working schedules including the option to work from home
- Comprehensive benefits that meets your needs and those of your dependants
- Great vacation and personal leave allowance
- A fun and collegial environment where we will make you feel part of our working family
- Free coffee/tea/soft drinks and snacks!
We strive to make our workplace inclusive, respectful and barrier-free. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples, veterans, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
How to apply
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.