Project Administrator and Coordinator
Make a difference and impact human lives!
At STACS DNA we offer a unique opportunity to work at the leading edge of DNA automation technology, in an inclusive organization. We are a small team but make a big impact by providing critical sample tracking solutions to DNA laboratories, medical facilities, law enforcement agencies and prosecutor offices. You will be challenged, energized, and motivated to excel in an environment where we are transforming organizations’ productivity and effectiveness related to DNA sample processing, lab management and sample delivery to improve community safety and patient outcomes.
What you will do
The Software Project Administrator and Coordinator is instrumental in driving STACS DNA projects to on-time, on-budget completion, and helping to balance and maintain the extensive project portfolio. The Software Project Administrator and Coordinator will work in a supportive team environment coordinating the day-to-day activities relating to STACS DNA Project Office. This includes monitoring and reporting on the progress of software development projects and interacting with internal teams, individuals and clients. The work includes:
- Support the day-to-day activities of the project office and escalate any risks and issues regarding project deliverables and timelines
- Maintain accurate records of discussions, correspondence, and deliverables for the project office
- Monitor project progress/status to ensure that projects remain on schedule
- Record and document meeting minutes, decisions and action items. Prepare, edit and format all project-related documents and minutes for key stakeholders
- Send out client project artifacts and ensure signed documentation when required
- As directed by the Senior Project manager, answer queries and provide project information to internal and external clients
- Ensure efficient management, documented communication, and timely completion of project tasks, deliverables and action items
- Setup and maintain accurate project information and data including document and records management
- Manage multiple priorities ensuring all administrative deadlines and document submissions are complete
- Assist in process definition and improvements.
What you need to succeed
The ideal candidate is a qualified professional interested in pursuing a support role with end-users working in a client-focused organization. Demonstrating teamwork, being results-oriented and using critical thinking will be key to your success in this role.
As the ideal candidate you should have the following knowledge and experience:
- A minimum of a college diploma, preferably with a focus on subjects such as Project Management, Computer Science, Software Development or Business in Information Technology or another related discipline, or an acceptable combination of education, training, and/or relevant work experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a supporting role involving IT software development products, project communications, organizational change management and project management or an acceptable combination of education, training, and/or relevant work experience.
- Experience using project management methodologies such as Agile, Scrum and Waterfall
- Experience using project tracking tools such as MS Project
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in both official languages
- PMP certified by the Project Management Institute is an asset
- Experience with Axosoft is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Teams is an asset
- Business Perspective: Demonstrates a basic understanding of business issues, processes, and outcomes
- Client Focus: Maintains client contact
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Attention to Detail: Works in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner
- Planning and Organizing: Reaches goals that are central to the Project Office’s success by making and following plans and allocating resources effectively
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems and the solutions to them
- Communication: Maintains continuous, open and consistent communication with others
What you can expect from us
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet your needs at every stage of your life and career.
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible working schedules including the option to work from home
- Comprehensive benefits that meet your needs and those of your dependents
- Great vacation and personal leave allowance
- A fun and collegial environment where we will make you feel part of our working family
- Free coffee/tea/soft drinks and snacks in the Ottawa office
We strive to make our workplace inclusive, respectful and barrier-free. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples, veterans, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
How to apply Please send your application to email@example.com.