Make a difference and impact human lives!
At STACS DNA we offer a unique opportunity to work at the leading edge of DNA automation technology, in an inclusive organization. We are a small team but make a big impact by providing critical sample tracking solutions to DNA laboratories, medical facilities, law enforcement agencies and prosecutor offices. You will be challenged, energized, and motivated to excel in an environment where we are transforming organizations’ productivity and effectiveness related to DNA sample processing, lab management and sample delivery to improve community safety and patient outcomes.
What you will do
You will perform the daily operations of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and some General Ledger accounting functions. Additionally, you will meet month-end deadlines, assist with reconciling balance sheet accounts and perform bank reconciliations. The work includes:
- Work closely with the Finance team daily
- Responsible for oversight and execution of day-to-day accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions, participate in the month-end close process, assist with payroll functions, external audits, sales taxes, and other accounting functions
- Work with the financial software Sage Intacct and follow processes and procedures
- Track deferred revenue
- Other office and facilities administrative duties, as necessary
What you need to succeed
The ideal candidate is a qualified professional interested in pursuing a finance and accounting role working in collaboration with a diverse Finance group development role with end-users working in a client-focused organization. An unwavering dedication to accuracy and ethics are vital characteristics. Finally, you are unafraid to interact with multiple departments as needed and working with the Finance team will instill excitement and passion in what you do.
As the ideal candidate you should have the following education, knowledge and experience:
- A minimum of a college diploma, preferably in accounting, business administration or other related disciplines, or an acceptable combination of education, training, and/or relevant work experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a transactional accounting role
- SaaS experience
- Sage Intacct experience
- Proficiency in Excel
- Payroll experience
- Business Perspective: Demonstrates a basic understanding of business issues, processes, and outcomes
- Client Focus: Maintains client contact in order to prompt client support and responsiveness
- Teamwork: Proactively assists and involves others. Effectively participates in discussions with peers and internal clients
- Decision Making: Utilizes critical thinking, good business sense and organizational values to make decisions involving varying levels of risk and ambiguity
- Adaptability: Adapts to work effectively in ambiguous or changing situations, handles multiple concurrent projects, working with diverse individuals, clients, and groups
- Attention to Detail: Demonstrates concern for thoroughness, accuracy and being detail-oriented
- Analytical Thinking: Identifies critical relationships in information
- Planning and Organizing: Plans own activities according to pre-determined standards or procedures
What you can expect from us
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet your needs at every stage of your life and career.
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible working schedules including the option to work from home
- Comprehensive benefits that meet your needs and those of your dependents
- Great vacation and personal leave allowance
- A fun and collegial environment where we will make you feel part of our working family
- Free coffee/tea/soft drinks and snacks in the Ottawa office
We strive to make our workplace inclusive, respectful and barrier-free. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples, veterans, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
How to apply
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.