Meeting the Standards
Every STACS DNA™ solution helps you to comply with the following accreditation standards:
- ISO/IEC 17025
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) CFR Part 11
- American Society of Crime Lab Directors’ ASCLD-LAB’s International Standard 17025
- The FBI’s Quality Assurance Standards for Forensic DNA Testing Laboratories
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
Our solutions include many sophisticated elements to ensure that laboratories do not deviate from restrictions imposed by these standards—specifically they:
- Track and control each sample throughout the analysis process. Audit trails are generated for each sample processed—from the very first step of the process and until final results are generated. For each sample, STACS® software tracks:
- who performed the work
- when was the work performed
- what specific scientific instrument was used
- what consumables (lot numbers) were used
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure the protection of confidential information and proprietary rights, including procedures for protecting the electronic storage and transmissions of results.
- Ensure that purchased supplies, reagents and consumable materials that affect the quality of sample processing are not used until they have been inspected or otherwise verified as complying with SOPs. Records (audit trails) of actions taken to check compliance are also maintained.
- Track the various batch controls used to ensure quality of the analytical process.
Return to Lab Challenges Framework